Wife cheated

Hi troops,

I was married for 19 years and have got 2 great girls, (im a grandad now). I always thought that the love I had for my ,then wife, was always being returned, but how wrong I was.

I was away for 4-5 weeks at a time and earning good money. She liked the money and never seemed to mind how long I was away. I had been away this particular time and got home to find my youngest daughter, then 13, on her own. I just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was not right. Dont ask me why but I just new. Anyway, I found out that the missus was hopping into bed with another bloke. PHEW!!! What a mess!!!

I could not sleep, eat or keep my mind on anything. I was just numb all over. It has taken me 10 years to get over it completely and I am now happy with myself. I have met a new girl and we have been together for 9 years but she is going back to New Zealand to live. I could go back there too but I lived there for a few years once and didn’t like it. Anyway, I just wish her all the luck in the world as she was a great help in getting me sorted since my divorce.

I will soon be on my own again but I am a much stronger person and sometimes it takes a bad thing like divorce to really make you want to dust yourself down and re-start your life. It’s surprising what you can do if you really wanna do it.

Thats about it really. Nothing more to say other than thanks for reading this posting and good luck to all you married guys and gals out there.

Oh, and one more thing. A message to all the decent, honest women on the planet. THANKS FOR BEING JUST THAT.

…and there are some of us about, Smudger…just as there are some of you decent chappies out there too!! :wink: Happy days to you, Smudger :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Good to know you managed to overcome it Smudger. :wink: Best of luck.

A colleague of mine had simmilar happen to him about 6 years ago, he was doing 5 nights away regular, when his mrs walked out on him for a bloke who was on the dole, he was devastated, lost a lot of weight hit the ■■■■ in a big way, and to make matters worse she’d left him virtualy scint.
Well happy to say that he is getting hitched later this year, and is the jolly big giant he was 10 years or so ago. Although he’s not so keen on the nights away anymore.
Life truly is a roller coaster, the key is to stay on the crest and out of the troffs :wink: good luck smudge

glad it s all sorted now but i should imagine something like a messy divorce is something that scars really deep.

smudger it gets better later on just give it time i have been there
mate i said ill never get married again but i did 8 years now there
still are some good ladies out there

just keep on trucking mate and keep the lipstick off
your dipstick :laughing: [/b]