Just a Thought... (also posted on wannabe driver thread)

Hello,

I am toying with the idea of organising a truck show / tractor show in aid of charity. To put everyone into the picture, A friend of mine Passed away from a rare but aggressive form of stomach cancer and his main interest in life was transport. He loved Trains, Trucks and Cars, even to the extent of building or attempting to build his very own miniature railway in his back garden. He was a kind and gentle man with all the time in the world for everyone, and passionate about all forms of transport.

His death from this evil disease in February this year was very quick, as it was only diagnosed as cancer in december last year and he left behind two young boys ( age 5 and 11) and a very distraught wife.

I would like to organise some sort of event in his memory with all proceeds going to the cancer charity of his son’s choosing, and I wondered if any of you guys on here would be willing to attend or support this venture, should it go ahead.

I realise that there are a lot of things to be in place before any event can take place, and this will happen, once I am able to gauge how much interest there is from fellow truckers.

If you could let me know your thoughts on this, I would be very grateful.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Were would it be at

irish lorries:
Were would it be at

It would be in scotland,but support is always welcome, no matter where you are in the country :slight_smile:

mrscorp:

irish lorries:
Were would it be at

It would be in scotland,but support is always welcome, no matter where you are in the country :slight_smile:

it needs posting on all the threads mrscorp,the proffesional drivers and old time threads get more views than the 2 you have posted on ,cheers seth :wink: :wink:

mrscorp:

irish lorries:
Were would it be at

Sorry Mrscorp i can’t go but I would spread the word about it by the way will you be asking Marie Curie to bring there 164

irish lorries:

mrscorp:

irish lorries:
Were would it be at

Sorry Mrscorp i can’t go but I would spread the word about it by the way will you be asking Marie Curie to bring there 164

I will be asking any cancer charities if they would like to attend, It’s a pity that you couldn’t attend, but that’s life. There are many different types of cancer and even one type is too many, Whatever amount is raised in the fight against this awful disease will hopefully be a step closer to its demise.

Thanks for helping to spread the word, and thanks for replying to my post :slight_smile:

mrscorp:

irish lorries:

mrscorp:

irish lorries:
Were would it be at

I will be asking any cancer charities if they would like to attend, It’s a pity that you couldn’t attend, but that’s life. There are many different types of cancer and even one type is too many, Whatever amount is raised in the fight against this awful disease will hopefully be a step closer to its demise.

Thanks for helping to spread the word, and thanks for replying to my post :slight_smile:

No bother my cousin has had cancer a few years now but she’s strong. Hope you rise alot