Gall bladder removal

So after years of having attacks with gall stones, I will be having it removed soon. My sister had hers done a few years ago, and said it was quite painful afterwards.

Has anyone on here had their’s out, and how long were you off work?

Doc says I could be off for up to 4 weeks, but I guess it depends on the individual.

Ken.

My Missus has had hers removed but before we met but now she can’t eat…
Potatoes
Rice
Pasta
Bread (but toast ok)
Oil (nothing fried )
Butter
Cream
Meat (except fish)
Basically anything which doesn’t break down easily. But apparently everyone is different so good luck.

Cheers BB.

I’ll mention about those foods when I have my pre-op, as everything on that list is what I like generally.

Ken.

Quinny:
Cheers BB.

I’ll mention about those foods when I have my pre-op, as everything on that list is what I like generally.

Ken.

Don’t stress too much as my old boss had the same done and he said he could still eat the same as he always had done so maybe it affects different people differently.

My mam had hers done a few years back & is fine can still eat everything ok

As far as I’m aware, Sis hasn’t changed her eating habits, so I guess it affects different people in different ways.

Ken.

Had mine done about 7 years ago - and 115 gallstones at the same time.

Keyhole surgery - 4 weeks is about right for time off but each case is assessed on its individual merits and I’m sure you can appreciate.

As for ‘no go’ foods, before your surgery avoid anything containing fat, cheese, full & semi skimmed milk etc - check labels carefully as fat is present in everything you like to eat :frowning:

Afterwards, well I’m personally ok to eat anything in moderation and I try my best to eat healthy but it is difficult and occasionally I overdo it and end up with a bloated type feeling and ‘belly ache’ which signals me to behave!

My daughter had hers out about a year ago and has no dietary restrictions

I am now waiting to have mine removed after being taken in the A&E by ambulance a week ago after the 4th attack of something which the paramedics could not fathom but rectified itself after about 4 hours the first 3 times

do not know why but I have an almost constant pain behind my right and sometime left cheat walls which is nothing to do with heart or breathing … I think its transferred pain or something … seeing GP tomorrow so maybe get some answers then …

Had mine out a long time ago… No problems or restrictions here…Leading a normal life!

The other half had hers out about 4 years ago, it was difficult at first but now you would think she is competing in an eating competition.

Mrs Creosote comes to mind. :stuck_out_tongue: