Do you work out?

How many of you work out at the gym etc.
I joined one late last year only go two to three times a week but the difference I feel in my well being is massive.
I no longer feel tired and sluggish I sleep better on a night and best of all my weight has gone down. :smiley:
Anyone else got any positives?

I donā€™t bother with a gym. Over the years we got a treadmill, cross trainer at home so use them. Saves a fortune

degsy4wheels:
I donā€™t bother with a gym. Over the years we got a treadmill, cross trainer at home so use them. Saves a fortune

Only a tenner a month mine and it gets me out the house and I can ogle all the fit girls :smiley:

I have a multi gym in the garage. Itā€™s addictive.
I always knew lorry driving was a pretty unhealthy job, But you donā€™t realise how unhealthy until you start working out and get out of breath after the first five minutes.
It dosnā€™t take long to get yourself back on form. All the large hauliers should encourage fitness.
If youā€™re physically fit, I honestly believe you will be a much safer driver.

Iā€™m a tramper who goes running 2 or 3 times a week.

runkeeper.com/user/PaulNeill/profile

Have to do physio twice a day

Also swim as often as can as well as yoga & walk a lot ( can t run anymore due to injury )

animal:

Also swim as often as can as well as yoga & walk a lot ( can t run anymore due to injury )

Its [zb] when it gets taken away from you, I was injured for 3 months last year & was really gutted.

yorkshire terrier:
How many of you work out at the gym etc.
I joined one late last year only go two to three times a week but the difference I feel in my well being is massive.
I no longer feel tired and sluggish I sleep better on a night and best of all my weight has gone down. :smiley:
Anyone else got any positives?

Well done three times a week is a good knock, I manage 3 and one of them I make sure is particularly 'ard, there is and never will be any negatives I focus on CV mostly some weights and a bit of swimming.

The best advice I ever had on exercise was this, You cant knock in a big nail with a small hammer, choose the big one and swing it.

I used to but not for a couple of years, Mrs has joined again, and I am being pressured to get back in shape :unamused:
Not that I am fat, just lazy at home :laughing: :laughing:

paulfromwire:

animal:

Its [zb] when it gets taken away from you, I was injured for 3 months last year & was really gutted.

Yep but I will never run again :cry: :cry: so have to do other thing instead

Also started drinking a lot more water & green tea eating ā€œcleanā€ which all helps with weight

Used to love going to the gym3-4 times a week doing weights and CV work. Aint been for 7 year since Iā€™ve been tramping :confused: would love to start back though.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Used to love going to the gym3-4 times a week doing weights and CV work. Aint been for 7 year since Iā€™ve been tramping :confused: would love to start back though.

So why dont you if you have a smart phone when parked up look for the nearest gym or go for a run /walk I do also take my wrist & ankle weight with me to do physio with also do yoga in the cab

I shall be attending this event next Sunday theguardian.com/theguardian/ ā€¦ tures11.g2 ( I shall be watching my brother who dislocated his thumb twice last time )Iā€™m not competing because Iā€™m not stupid.

People come from around the world to test themselves, the American Marine Corps tried last year and their highest placing was 82.

why not carry some dumbells in the cab?
Thereā€™s loads of different exercises you can do with them.

Iā€™m thinking of getting some resistance bands actually. Have you used them at any time?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Iā€™m thinking of getting some resistance bands actually. Have you used them at any time?

Yep use them a few times they are fine tbh if you have a TKMAC near you have a look in there as may be cheaper also the wrist & ankle weights as they dont take up much space

Iā€™m not a member of a gym but am a fairly keen cyclist, clocking 2500 miles up last year, MTB and road, Started running in the new year too and am hoping to complete a half marathon this year.
I was 50 in November and seem to have to do more and more to maintain my level of fitness.

Brescia Est truckstop in Italy has a large gym for drivers to use.
My plan is for one at the new Msa n/b M5.
The one with a grass turf roof on.
A portacabin or container would suffice at all other Msaā€™s in the UK.

renaultman:
Iā€™m not a member of a gym but am a fairly keen cyclist, clocking 2500 miles up last year, MTB and road, Started running in the new year too and am hoping to complete a half marathon this year.
I was 50 in November and seem to have to do more and more to maintain my level of fitness.

My best time for a half marathon is 1hr 43 min ok a while ago but can you beat a woman time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I get all the exercise I need, climbing stairs to goods in offices and walking miles from car parks to traffic offices.

I also bought an exercise bike last Autumn for Ā£31 of e-bay and stuck it in the garage, since then Iā€™ve lost a couple of pounds. Iā€™ll have to get on it one day and see if I can lose some more.