Depression

Hi I suffer from depression and take tablets for it also have been to counselling and about to do a CBT course
I have just had my 5 yearly Medical and the doctor has put down I suffer from depression and the tablets I take.
I am now very worried that my l?icence will not be renewed.
Do I have cause to be concerned?
Thanks

As long as you are not a danger to yourself or the public and the tablets do not affect your ability to drive you should be okay but this will as all cases are be reviewed by the DVLA medical panel.

Near 11 years ago I had a bad accident at work and was diagnosed some years later with PTSD that led to depression, at the time I was given a lot of medication (I just stopped taking in the end) and DVLA ( where informed) never did anything about my entitlements.

I had my most recent medical a few months ago and all was fine though I am not on medication.

Thanks for that
I guess it is just a waiting game as my licence runs out in two weeks but the renewal form should be at Swansea by Tuesday

Good luck with the CBT, I’ve done the online one twice and face to face once. Can be really helpful at times.

If doing online you may need extra support though, I found it very tough at first.

Thanks for that
It will be a group session, was offered over the phone sessions some how I don’t think that would be a good idea

Depending on your specific issues over the phone can still be a great help - if you have the right person at the other end.

Good luck with group - I’ve never found any group support in my vicinity even though I believe it can be extremely helpful.

When I was having one to one CBT for about two months I noticed the psychologist had a book called Mind Over Mood, so I went out and bought it.
It helped after the therapy as I just picked it up and read it when I felt those dark clouds coming in.

This is the book
ebay.co.uk/itm/Mind-Over-Moo … 461919b5c2

I found helping myself and wanting to help myself was the best thing ever, and I know I will fight never to go back to that place in my mind again, life is a breeze now :wink:

Great to hear, I will certainly check out that book! :slight_smile: