dvla are a joke

right basically i applied fro my hgv entitlements on september 10th within that time i have had the forms back as doc forgot to sign so sent all off got told middle of october they needed to send off for more info it took them 2 weeks to get the letter sent after them telling me it it would of been sent in 24 hours and now they received the info on november 5th they have still not scanned it on to there system even thou i was told it would take 4 working days to go on system been told countless lies and had no answers which are helping me at all any ideas to why they must make up rubbish all the times and what can i do to get things sped up as its stressing me out been waiting 4 years to apply for my licence due to epilspey

thought i would update this had my licence application refused today as i may of been 10 years free from seizures where the last prescription for the meds i was on for it was on may 2004 so now i have to wait till may 2014 before im alowed to hold a licence

A friend of mine was due his medical.
Had his medical went to work (agency) they copy his ticket and that’s done then for the week, posts it off monday on his way home.
Now knowing it could take 2 weeks pos 3 he’s booked 2 weeks holiday.

His medical was done by his own GP.
He had recently had an op on his eye which ment he was off for 3 weeks so that was booked as hols too.

Dvla sent forms bac as Dr hadn’t filled out correctly.
Then the letter from his own optician and the surgeon we’re not enough he had to go to an optician of their choice but couldn’t get in for over a week.
DVLA have sent him a cover letter stating he is now fit to drive … great I hear you say but as he can’t produce both or any parts oc his ticket he can’t work.

So far he’s been off 6 weeks and they say he’s only just gone on to the system.

Why cant they do as in canada walk in produce document get licence simple …

they are a joke took them 2 weeks to type and sign a letter and send i off to my doc got told there is a 12 week waiting list even as a piority if all goes to plan i can reapply middle of march im tempted to send it all in feb especially if its gonna take a ■■■■■ load of time to get sorted

Speaking as someone who’s annual renewal (my licence is short term due to MS) went in last May and still hasn’t been finalised, and who only today has found out she has to fill the forms in all over again because her useless GP answered ONE question wrong, I feel your pain!!! (Although thankfully I’m still able to drive in the meantime…)

My mate rang yesterday … His licence is on the system to be done should be about 2 MORE weeks before he gets his plastic card and paper back so that’ll be 8 weeks with no work :open_mouth:

nick2008:
My mate rang yesterday … His licence is on the system to be done should be about 2 MORE weeks before he gets his plastic card and paper back so that’ll be 8 weeks with no work :open_mouth:

I think two weeks is their standard reply every time you ring them. The last time I tried for my HGV back it was six months for them to say no two weeks at a time.