Concerned about medical for HGV licence renewal

i have taken mirtazapine for yrs and recently had my medical as i turned 45 and like a fool told the doc i take mirtazapine, 1 15mg tablet daily. The dvla have held onto my licence since sept, saying i can drive under section 88 whilst waiting to have another medical re my mental health. As an agency driver that has limited me as nobody will give you the time of day if you cannot produce a licence. So, i had the second medical that the dvla requested - my dr was flabbergasted as to why it was even nessessary and promptly declared me A1 fit for work and there was no reason whatsoever that i cannot continue doin the job i have done safely and without endorsements or infringements for over 20yrs. This has been goin on for 10 weeks now and i am still waiting for the pricks at dvla to make a decision. I am now severly in debt and may well be forced to give my flat up very soon as i am tremendously limited as to who i can work for. Its an absolute disgrace and am looking at instructing a solicitor to fight my case as this is blatent discrination by pen pushing bureaucrats. I mean, how many people are driving on anti depressants in this country ffs