Lower back pain

7 months ago i was in agony with my back. Went to doctor who referred me to physio. Got an appointment after a month, but ended up in more pain. Then had to wait another month to speak to someone at the hospital. She told me i needed an mri scan but I’d have a long wait as it wasn’t serious. So after 6 months of pain i got my scan and then waited 2 weeks for the results. I have 2 displaced discs. They have gone back in so nothing can be done just have to live with it.

Because i was working they moved me down the list. I was told if i took time off I’d be seen quicker. Tossers.

Also because of driving i wasn’t given any painkillers. At one point i was taking tablets like smarties. I was taking 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetamol every 2 hours.

Last week was first week i haven’t had pins and needles in my left leg for 5 months due to nerves being compressed. Also first week without any tablets. I also managed a 5 mile walk yesterday. First since my back “went”.

Still niggles but a vast improvement. So get to doctor and get it checked. But if you want to be seen quicker tell them to sign you off work.

I was in less pain in wagon seat than anywhere else though. Couldn’t sit on sofa or kitchen chair. Was in agony driving a car. I often had to wait for a minute after getting out of the car before i could stand, and even then i walked like I’d just been analy violated with fence post.

Good luck. You have my sympathy.